- 10 yellow potatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tsp sea salt Or pink Himalayan salt
- Peel the potatoes to remove all skin.
- Heat a large pot with water and add a pinch of salt.
Cook the potatoes
- Add peeled potatoes to the pot and bring to a boil. Cook on medium for about 20 minutes. You'll know when your potatoes are ready when you can easily insert & remove a fork.
Mash the potatoes
- When your potatoes are ready, remove from heat and drain water.
- Add milk, butter and salt into the pot. With a potato masher, start mashing the potatoes until pureed and there are no more lumps left.
- Taste your potatoes. Adjust by adding more milk for creaminess, more butter for flavour & more salt for enhanced taste.
- That's it! Ready to serve.